Wednesday, January 9, 2008

tweed

right now my favorite yarn has got to be rowan felted tweed - the colors, the fabric, the beautiful tweedyness of it. so far this winter i have made three hats out of it: the first was a ginger shedir (from knitty) which was my first foray into cables (and i used a cable needle the whole time...i have to figure out how to cable with the cable needle next time...). this i threw together in 4 days due to my love of using knitting to procrastinate. the second was the purple concoction of tam/snood. it didnt come out quite like i wanted it but i like it none the less.

at this time i came into possession of a red jacket which neither of these hats matched. my ears were cold for weeks.

finally i got myself a neutral color and yesterday in the beautiful sunshine (and 65 degrees!) of rittenhouse square, i knit myself up a plain old hat for when winter comes back and bites us. its a tad short but im pleased. i have lots of yarn left over. maybe ill make another one...

but right now all im allowed to make is the hat that ive owed my friend for um, ever. i procrastinated on that today by cleaning and decorating my house with my roommate for most of the early afternoon which was promptly followed by pizza, ice cream, and a few howls from passerby's who were all very intrigued with our ice cream cones. i have a busy week ahead...i must wake up early.

No comments: