Thursday, January 3, 2008

And if you were an ocean, I'd learn to float

last night i saw Juno and it was great. the whole style of the movie and the way they talked was just so much fun. and the soundtrack....good. i melted at the end when juno and bleeker sang together, it was just too sweet.

i rung in the new year wearing my finished herringbone mitts. well...not wearing. i had to hide them from the massive amounts of champagne that was flying around the room and the crazy stampeding crowd, but they were with me safe in my bag. I had finished them just before i went out and had to show them to the outside world. i really liked doing the colorwork and i am definitely going to do more soon.

today i went on a trip to the yarn store to get yarn for gifts that i havent even started....yea im bad with timing. im going to make another pair of colorwork gloves (im thinking eunnys endpaper mitts). i also have to make my brother a pair of fingerless gloves, a hat for my friend that ive been promising him for ages, as well as a hat that matches my red coat. i got:





- rowan felted tweed in whisper. it is a great gray color with speck of white and blue. the colors with go great with my red and green jackets. im excited


-RCY cashsoft dk in lichen and cashew. these will become mitts





- RCY cashsoft dk in kingfish and some more cashew. these are a surprise.

-nashua creative focus superwash in back [not pictured]

i have so many other things i should be doing. i meant to wake up early this morning and go to studio but of course, i didnt get up. but at least i did think a lot about it last night. i have a bunch of great ideas. my favorite one right now is creating 3d spaces through the alinement's of the library cabinet drawers. tomorrow i will make myself go to studio.

OH! and i also have a notebook in the works.

No comments: